Monday, February 23, 2009

Preschool

Preschool-What are your feelings about preschool? Did you go to preschool as a child? Have you worked in a preschool? Do your kids attend preschool? What type of preschool do YOU believe is best for children? Any other thoughts on education for our under 5 population?

My feelings about preschool are that I think it is great for children to interact, build relationships, and it develops social skills. I have never worked in a preschool but I have worked as a teacher's assistant in a kindergarten classroom. I don't have any children. I think that all preschools are great for kids that are approved by the state and that are meeting safety and health regulations. I think that all preschools and any child care facilities need to be closely monitored for peace of mind and safety and health of the children that are attending the school.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that child care facilities need to be closely monitored to ensure the safety of the children. I think that all employees need to submit to background checks and drug tests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Health and safety regulations are very important especially when preschools share a space with older kids. For example, when a site has preschool in the morning and an afterschool program shares that same space in the afternoon. There are toys fine for a third grader that are not ok for a 3 year old.

    ReplyDelete